HSU members are the backbone of our health system
Our union is driven by members passionate about what they do. Without you, Australia would not enjoy a world class health system. But you don’t get the respect you deserve.
That’s why we’ve launched the HSU We All Matter tour so each and every one of you can let your communities in on the often unseen story of why your work matters.
At events spanning across the state, we will be showing recognition and thanking you for your hard work; hard work that keeps people alive and healthy.
Join in at one of our family fun days or visit one of our photo booths coming soon to a workplace near you; and if you’ve already been then tag yourself, your friends and colleagues on the We All Matter Facebook page.
Your contribution deserves recognition and we want to help let everyone know how much you matter.
The HSU is sending the message loud and clear that we won’t see our members’ jobs slashed and services suffer under the Coalition’s $3 billion cuts to health.
The union is holding the government to account every step of the way in an attempt to have the cuts reversed and is running a high profile media campaign.
Services have been slashed and health workers all over the state are feeling it. The government needs to get the message that the health system is at breaking point.
The union has formed a plan of action to fight the cuts and has formed a state-wide committee to drive activities on the ground. This will pave the way for a state-wide day of action against the cuts and an ongoing plan to tackle them at every turn.
WHAT ARE THE CUTS?
The Baird Government’s $3 billion cuts to health will see:
- 3,600 hospital workers sacked;
- $2.2 billion in service cuts; and
- $775 million in staffing cuts.
How you can get involved in the fight against Baird’s cuts
- Connect with us on Twitter and ‘Like’ and ‘Share’ our Facebook pages HSU NSW and We All Matter to get involved in the conversation.
- Sign up to be a part of the HSU state-wide campaign committee by emailing email@example.com.
- Attend union and sub-branch meetings in your workplace.
- Send a letter or email to your local MP about the unacceptable cuts to services in your area. Find your local MP
- Inform the union and the media about the effects of the cuts to your community and make your voice heard that you won’t stand for second rate services.
- Join up a friend and help to rebuild the union and increase our strength in numbers.
- Update your details with the HSU.