Why has insurance been provided for members?
- Members can be sued as individuals.
- Employers may not be able to indemnify their employees due to insufficient insurance arrangements or impending insolvency.
- Employers may seek to recover financial losses when members are deemed to have acted outside the scope of their normal duties or authorities.
- Members can be sued individually for Good Samaritan acts.
The sums insured are:
- The limit of indemnity or maximum sum insured on any one claim
has now been increased to $20,000,000;
- The overall maximum aggregate limit of all claims for any one period of insurance is $80,000,000;
- The policy excess is $1,000 per claim inclusive of costs and expenses.
When is cover not provided?
The policy will not cover:
- Dishonest criminal acts;
- Fines or penalties imposed;
- Known circumstances of existing claims against union members;
- Work you perform as an employee in an occupation outside HSU NSW membership coverage;
- Other exclusions apply as per insurer’s policy wording.
Refer to the policy for further details
2017 to 2018 Certificates of Insurance
Certificate of Currency – Professional Indemnity Insurance to 2018
Certificate of Currency – Public & Products Liability Insurance to 2018
For more info about Professional Indemnity Insurance click here