What is the role of the Union Council?
The Union Council is the supreme governing body of the union. The Union Council has the power to:
- fix the remuneration and terms and conditions of employment of any paid officer or employee of the union;
- suspend or remove from office any officer of the union;
- to alter, amend, rescind or add any rules to the union rules;
- develop and implement union policies and procedures;
- review the decisions of the Union Committee;
- take any action that in its opinion is in the interests of the union.
Your Union Council is providing the overall strategic direction of the union. You are welcome to attend a Union Council meeting to see how your union is run.