CCLHD Pharmacy Update: Direction to members
Published November 30, 2022
Last night, meetings of members in Pharmacy at Gosford and Wyong expressed absolute dismay at management’s failure to provide a plan for how to manage workloads after announcing significant staff cuts – as well as their failure to provide any rationale for the cuts.
Unions members have had enough. Members at these meetings unanimously agreed to implement the following resolutions:
- No discharges are to be accepted after 4:00pm for Dispensary and 3:30pm for Ward Pharmacists.
- Pharmacists will only look after one ward per shift.
- Members at Gosford do not cover outpatients on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Members at Wyong do not cover outpatients on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Cancer Services Pharmacy (Gosford and Wyong) is closed if there is no specialist Pharmacist physically in the Cancer Services Pharmacy.
All members are directed to comply with the above resolutions until notified otherwise.
If you are approached by management about these actions, show the manager a copy of this newsletter and tell them to contact the union or your HSU Organiser Matt Ramsay on 0419 553 105.
Do you know someone who isn’t an HSU member? Encourage them to join our Union today and have a say at work. We are always stronger when we stand together.
New members can join at www.hsu.asn.au/join or call 1300 478 679.