Workplace change – know your rights
When major workplace change happens (e.g. roster changes,
job cuts and restructures), you have rights. Your Union is here to help you stand up for your rights.
- You have the right to genuine consultation about the change! Genuine consultation includes time to consider the change, to raise concerns, and to have those concerns properly considered.
- You have the right to dispute the change process and the status quo must remain while genuine consultation occurs.
- You have the right to representation! Make sure you are represented by the HSU when discussing major workplace change.
- You have the right to request any changes to your job be provided in writing and time to consider your response. Don’t feel rushed. Major changes to your job can have lasting impacts for you and your family.
- Join the HSU! Only HSU members get representation and advice to stand up for their rights and protect their job. Join now online at www.hsu.asn.au/join or phone 1300 478 679.
Nothing will change unless we stand up for our rights at work!