2021: A Big Year for Public Health
Published January 25, 2021
You may be aware that the World Health Organisation has designated 2021 the International Year of Health and Care Workers (YHCW).
I think many members would agree that the time for proper recognition for Health and Care workers is long overdue.
In addition to campaigning for real recognition through our campaign to improve wages and renegotiating the Awards, your HSU representatives will all be bringing attention to the multitude of important roles HSU members perform across the sector.
Below is list of dates that have been provided to employers to notify of the strategy and invite them to join the HSU in recognising the amazing work of their staff.
- Public Dental Staff Recognition week: March 7-13, 2021
- Administrative Professionals Week: April 18-24, 2021
- Hospital Support Services Day: June 16 (week of 14-18 of June 2021): Recognising the work of Cleaners, Security and all Hospital Support Services
- NAIDOC Week: July 5-12, 2021
- HealthShare Staff Recognition Fortnight: August 9-20, 2021
- International Allied Health Day: October 13, 2021 (week of 11-15 October, 2021)
- International Pathology Day: November 10, 2021(week of 8-12 November, 2021)
In addition to workplace celebrations, these dates will be used to educate the community and political decision makers on the vital role HSU members play in our health system.
These vital roles need to be supported, respected and resourced.
For any questions or suggestions on how you’d like to celebrate these dates, please email [E-Mail not displayed].
Your HSU membership contributes to strategies that are designed to build respect and recognition for your role. Encourage your workmates to do the same by joining the HSU today at www.hsu.asn.au/join or phone 1300 478 679.