The HSU is a specialist union that covers members working in public hospitals, ambulance, aged care, allied health, private hospitals, imaging, pathology and disability care.
With 36,000+ members across NSW, ACT and QLD, you’re in good company!
HSU can offer you support on:
- Awards and penalty rates
- Public holidays and leave matter
- Bullying and harassment
- OHS matters
- Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
- Redundancies and industrial advice.
Access our resources
- Journey Insurance, to protect you on your way to and from work
- Bereavement Benefit, the family of a HSU member who dies will receive $10,000 that can be used for funeral expenses, outstanding bills, credit card debts or anything else.
- Member Rewards, access to discounts and special offers at major retailers including Caltex, Coles, Woolworths, FlightCentre and Westfield.
- Book Voucher, Education incentive Scholarship to help you purchase textbooks or other study tools
- Free Legal Will, through the unions solicitors, you can receive a legal will free of charge
- Indemnity Insurance, professional indemnity insurance is automatically proved at no extra cost to all financial members at HSU.
- Legal advice, free initial legal advise is available to all HSU members on any private matter.
- Jervis Bar Holiday Cabins, come and enjoy the beauty of the rainforest close to the surf beaches of the south coast.
- Worker’s Compensation, if you are injured at work, the union can provide you with advice and support.
- Industrial Support and Advice, you join the HSU to protect your job and receive industrial support with you need it.