Douglass Hanly Moir: Are you at risk from mould in your workplace?

HSU delegates from Douglass Hanly Moir in the Newcastle and Hunter Valley have received reports of members being exposed to mould in the workplace.

Mould can grow on walls, ceilings, air conditioner ducts and other wet areas such as bathrooms. Often there is a musty or damp smell in the area.

Exposure to mould can lead to serious health problems and the risk is increased if you have preexisting health concerns.

If you are being exposed to mould in your workplace, report it immediately to your supervisor and to your local workplace delegate.

You have a right to safety in the workplace and your Union delegates are there to represent your concerns.

Not yet a member? Now is the time to join the HSU and get protected. New members can join at or call 1300 478 679.