HSU Conference endorses state election campaign
Published May 31, 2022
Last week, over 500 HSU members came together at the 2022 Delegates Conference. Together members planned the next steps of the campaign to make our health system stronger than ever.
Health workers across NSW are underpaid and undervalued. We are sick of being called heroes – it’s time for actions not words.
At this conference delegates decided to make the pay and conditions for health workers a state election issue by passing this important resolution.
This Conference endorses that the HSU commence a $1.5m campaign in the leadup to the 2023 State election to:
- Remove the 2.5% wages cap.
- Introduce a wages policy that addresses work value.
- Introduce 100% salary packaging for all health workers
- Support additional workforce to ensure safe workloads for HSU members
- Eliminate hospital carpark fees for HSU members.
Between now and the next State Government election, in March 2023, union members will be campaigning for these important changes.
To make these changes we need a bigger and stronger union than ever. Speak to your colleagues about joining their Union today: www.hsu.asn.au/join.