Your SVCS Agreement – Have your say on the EA
Published January 4, 2021
Following discussions with St Vincent’s Care Services management, SVCS have proposed a new enterprise agreement for staff.
The new EA would be a short two year agreement, and would be back dated to 1 July 2020.
SVCS are offering a wage increase of 2.75% in the first year, backdated to 1 July 2020, and another increase of 2.25% from 1 July 2021.
We have been very clear that we would not accept reductions to current conditions, and management have agreed that current benefits will remain in place.
In addition to the pay increases, management have agreed to a number of improved conditions, including:
- New paid leave of up to 10 days per year, to support staff who participate in voluntary emergency service activities.
- New Special Leave provision to address new leave, such as Pandemic Leave.
- New Cultural Leave provision, to assist staff wishing to attend religious/cultural festivals.
- Improved Natural Disaster Leave, to further support staff when they cannot attend work due to natural disaster.
Improved Penalty Rates
- Improved overtime on Saturday, increased to double-time for all overtime hours worked on Saturday.
- Improved overtime rates for casuals on all days, increased by 25% to reflect casual loading.
- Improved shift penalties for casuals, increased by 25% to reflect casual loading.
- Improved Sunday rates for care service employees, increased to 200% from 175%.
- Improved public holiday pay rates for casuals, increased by 25% to reflect casual loading.
- Improved ‘Higher Duties’ allowance, removing the requirement to work more than three days before being paid.
- Medication Allowance moving from a single daily rate, to an additional 2% of the applicable hourly rate, for all hours on shift.
- Improved training provisions, ensuring that staff are paid their appropriate rate for attending rostered training or meetings outside of ordinary hours.
These changes bring the enterprise agreement in to line with recent improvements to the Aged Care Award and reflect improvements in response to workplace issues raised by HSU members.
Attached to this email is a copy of your proposed enterprise agreement and a summary of key changes. We encourage everyone to read the proposal carefully and have a say when the ballot opens.
If a majority vote ‘yes’ to accept the offer, the agreement will be sent to the Fair Work Commission for approval. If a majority vote ‘no’ the HSU will hold further discussions about the agreement.
If any HSU members have any questions about the enterprise agreement, please contact your organiser or call the union office for assistance.
If your colleagues are not yet HSU members, encourage them to join the union today. New members can join online at www.hsu.asn.au/join or by calling the union on 1300 478 679.
Voting is scheduled from Tuesday 12 January to Thursday 14 January. Make sure you have your say!
Secretary HSU NSW/QLD/ACT