RFBI Benhome Roster Change
Published July 22, 2021
The Health Services Union has been advised that there will be significant roster changes at Benhome due to commence sometime in August 2021, with the formal consultation process beginning yesterday Wednesday 21 July 2021.
RFBI has confirmed that the main reason for this change is due to budget constraints. Please see RFBI’s powerpoint slides at this link.
- A total of 1443 hours is being proposed to be reduced from a fortnightly roster.
- 1010 hours is proposed to be removed from care services.
- 277 hours is proposed to be removed from hotel services.
- 156 hours is proposed to be removed from other service areas.
- 12 of 15 rooms in Rose Cottage will be closed.
- A blank roster will be available for staff to view in the Staff Room.
- Individual meetings will be scheduled for staff who lose contacted hours.
What should I do?
Please contact HSU Organiser Andrew Tran if you have any questions or comments on 0417 115 622 or email [E-Mail not displayed].
If you are impacted by this change and are seeking redeployment in other residential sites or home care, please contact the HSU. If you are interested in getting more involved in discussions about this change generally, please contact Andrew Tran.
If you know someone who isn’t a union member let them know that the HSU will be there for members throughout this process. New members can join at www.hsu.asn.au/join or by calling 1300 478 679.