IT'S HERE: HSU Member Wellbeing Benefits Package
Published February 10, 2021
I am excited to announce that our union is launching a new range of member benefits.
The HSU Member Wellbeing Benefits Package is just another way that you can get the most from your membership.
This new suite of benefits will include, among other things:
- Workplace Assault benefit payment;
- Emergency Accommodation Expenses, for members experiencing domestic violence;
- Family Accommodation and Transport expenses;
- A Multiple Birth Benefit payment; and
- Accidental HIV, Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C (needle stick).
These benefits are available to all financial HSU members, and claimable from the 1st of January 2021.
To facilitate the launching of this new benefits package, we’ve made the decision to roll back our bereavement benefit policy – meaning that upon the death of a HSU member, their next of kin will have access to a $5,000 payment. You can read more about this updated policy here.
You can read more about our new benefits, including the full suite of benefits and how to access them, on our website here.
I am proud that we’re able to support our members with practical, meaningful benefits like these. It is part of what makes our union so remarkable.