Professional Indemnity Insurance
The HSU continues to protect members by purchasing a Professional Liability Insurance policy on their behalf. Unfortunately, circumstances can arise where:
- Members can be sued as individuals.
- Employers may seek to recover financial losses from members when members are deemed to have acted outside the scope of their normal duties or authorities.
- Employers may not be able to indemnify their employees due to insufficient insurance arrangements or impending insolvency.
Members can be sued individually for Good Samaritan acts. Therefore, it’s crucial that the HSU covers its members in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Further details of this benefit, including policy details and how to claim, are available in the HSU Member Portal or by contacting the Union on [E-Mail not displayed]
Find more in this section:
- Working Together
- We're Here For You
- Ambulance Cover
- Bereavement Benefit
- Foundation House
- Free Legal Will & Initial Legal Advice
- Wellbeing Benefits Package
- Workers' Compensation
- Industrial Division
- Jervis Bay Holiday Cabins
- Journey Insurance
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Public Liability Insurance
- HSU Women’s Support Initiative
- HSU Indigenous Development Fund
- Australian Mutual Bank
- Member Advantage